Can I purchase gift cards?
- We have gift cards available for purchase at the restaurant or they can be mailed to your preferred location. We are in the process of making them available online.
Can I print or fill out an employment application online?
- If you are interested in being a part of the Black Pearl team, you can either pick up a hard copy of our application at the restaurant (Monday – Thursday between 3:00pm and 5:00pm) or download our application found under the Employment tab and email it to email@example.com.
Are you open for lunch?
- We open at 5:00pm daily. Therefore, we are not open for lunch. If you have a special/private event and would like to schedule something before our normal business hours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to accommodate your group as long as we know well in advance!
How far in advance can I make a reservation for Spring graduation weekend?
- You can make a reservation for this weekend up to 8 months in advance. We require a deposit of $25 per person. This deposit will be applied toward the bill the night of the reservation. We will need the official date, time, and exact number of guests in order to confirm the deposit and reservation. The deposits will be required Thursday-Saturday of this week. Please contact our General Manager at email@example.com to make a reservation for Spring graduation weekend. Please note: if a reservation is not cancelled at least 72 hours prior to your reservation, your deposit will not be refunded.
Can I bring in my own bottle of wine?
- You may bring in your own bottle of wine. We have a corking fee of $25. We recommend making a reservation beforehand so we can note that you will be bringing one in.
Is there a dress code at Black Pearl?
- No. You can be as casual or as dressed up as you’d like.
Are children allowed at Black Pearl?
- We have no age restrictions for dining at Black Pearl. We do offer several Kids’ Menu items. If you have a toddler or baby, we are unable to provide booster seats or high chairs.
Do you have a lost and found?
- If you believe you left something at Black Pearl, please call 734.222.0400 during our regular business hours. We open at 5:00pm daily.
Can I bring outside food into Black Pearl?
- No outside food can be consumed inside Black Pearl. However, we do allow guests to bring their own cake in for a cake-cutting fee of $2 per person.
BLACK PEARL PRIVATE EVENT FAQs
What type of events can Black Pearl accommodate?
- We can accommodate any type of occasion (i.e. social gathering, corporate meeting, celebration, etc.) Our event room capacity is 45 people, but we do have the option of renting out the whole establishment if you have a larger group.
What is the cost of hosting a private event?
- We base our prices on a total food and beverage minimum spend. This will range based on day of the week, time of year, number of guests, etc. Please visit blackpearlannarbor.com/private-events and email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a date and get more information!
Does Black Pearl have a U of M P-card menu?
- We are very familiar with university/Pcard pricing and can always accommodate food and beverage based on the standard budget. We also have AdvaMed and PharMa compliant pricing.
Is there a limited menu required for an event?
- We typically make a customized menu with up to 6 entrée options. Most events include 4 courses (appetizers, soup/salad, entrees, dessert). We also have the option of doing a buffet.
Are you able to rent linen or centerpieces for my event?
- Yes. Anything you would like, we would be more than happy to order for you. If you would prefer to order your own and bring them in, that is fine too!
Do you have audiovisual equipment and a microphone?
- Yes. We have full audiovisual equipment that is compatible with Apple and PC devices. We have an 80” TV screen with surround sound and the room is soundproof. We can provide a microphone if you would like, but typically they are not needed due to the layout of the room.
What is the square footage of the event room?
- Our event room is approximately 800 sq. ft. including the bar area, with 600 sq. ft. available for guest usage.
Does the event room have a bar?
- Yes. Our food and beverage minimum on weekends includes the bar and a private bartender (along with event servers). We are more than happy to open the bar for your weekday event at the same cost of our standard weekend minimum.